I spent a while the previous few days reviewing my objectives for 2022 and was so thrilled with the progress I made in July! Right here’s an replace on every aim:
1. Undergo 5 She Reads Fact research for the yr. (I’ve been loving going by these research once more this previous yr, however I noticed that it’s higher for me to undergo rather more slowly than what they designate the tempo ought to be. I often take 2-4 days on every day and that’s labored out properly for me in order that I’m actually soaking the verses and studying from the passages.)
July replace: To this point this yr, I’ve finished the Outdated Testomony examine, the New Testomony examine, the Do Not Worry examine, the One One other examine, the Hosea examine, and I completed the Armor of God examine in July. I’m doing the Deuteronomy examine proper now.
2. End at the very least 4 books a month. (Final yr, I set the audacious aim of studying three books per week. I ended up falling very in need of that. So this yr, I made a decision to set a way more sensible aim. I hope to exceed this aim by so much, however we’ll see! And in the event you missed it, I’m setting month-to-month objectives as a substitute of yearly objectives for studying — and I’m actually enthusiastic about this strategy!)
July replace: I completed 9 books in January, 6 books in February, 9 books in March, and 4 books in April, and 5 books in Could, 6 books in June, and 4 books in July! You may see all my ebook assessment posts right here.
3. Full at the very least 1 craft monthly. (I plan to make use of a number of the craft kits that I’ve gotten from Annie’s Inventive Women’ Membership and Annie’s Inventive Girl Craft Membership. Since so a lot of you bought the unbelievable offers I posted from them, they signed me up for each subscriptions as a thanks! Whereas crafting isn’t one thing I’m actually gifted at, I discover that it’s enjoyable for me and one thing that challenges artistic components of my mind that I don’t use fairly often!)
July replace: I made stacking bracelets in January, a pillow in February, one other stacking bracelets package in March, an Easter craft in April, did a portray night time in Could with another foster mother buddies, made Backpack Dangles in June, and did selfmade reward sacks in July.
4. Have a month-to-month date with every of the three older children. (I’m planning on having the youngsters assist me determine what they’d love to do every month. I like hanging out with my children and I cherish our time collectively much more as they become older.)
July replace: Kathrynne and I frolicked till late one night time, Kaitlynn and I went and acquired our nails finished, and Silas and I watched a film collectively.
5. Learn 10 chapter books aloud to Kierstyn and Child D. (I’ve been studying a chapter from a read-aloud ebook every afternoon earlier than their naps + the studying we’re doing as a part of Kierstyn’s preschool. Whereas they’re little and far of it’s over their heads, I like to ascertain this behavior when my children are tiny in order that it turns into an essential a part of their household tradition for essentially the most childhood of their life. Plus, it’s enjoyable for me!)
July replace: To this point this yr we’ve completed The Jesus Storybook Bible, Little Home within the Large Woods, The Creativeness Station ebook #3, and we’re at the moment studying The Improbable Mr. Fox.
6. Have a month-to-month date with Jesse. (Whereas we hope to sometimes get an precise date night time out, with a number of little children, we wish to be sensible… so we plan to at the very least do one Date Evening in a Field package at house each month — even when we are able to’t get out for an actual date each month).
July replace: Jesse and I went driving collectively and grabbed meals. We additionally watched a film collectively.
7. End my subsequent ebook draft. (The primary draft is because of my writer mid-February. Then, we’ll be going by a number of rounds of edits earlier than it goes to the printers. It’s slated to launch in spring 2023!)
July replace: I turned in my ebook draft in February, met with my editor in March about edits, and turned within the first massive spherical of edits in April! In Could, they accepted my edited manuscript and I completed my second and third spherical of edits in July.